To oversee the entire compliance program of Rancho Santa Fe Thrift and Loan Association (“RSF”), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Firstrust Bank, and to assure that the policies and procedures of RSF comply with federal, state and local laws and regulations and to minimize regulatory/legal exposure. Execution of specific duties regarding but not limited to review of vendor and customer contract documentation including insurance coverages; new product development; ownership and administration of CRA program; review of new products and processes for regulatory, legal and other business risks as well as research in support thereof;monitoring and oversight of Bank’s strategic partnerships; development and management of all bank policies as well as the bank’s compliance management system; the analysis, interpretation and distribution of information regarding new or revised laws and/or regulations.
Affirmative Action Contractor and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position reports directly to the Bank President, and on a day-to-day basis, will work independently, or as instructed by the Bank President, on specific duties which may include the following based on departmental priorities:
1. Assists in and supports the development of new business for RSF. Is alert to expressed customer/prospect needs to suggest appropriate services.
2. Provide support in areas including but not limited to drafting, reviewing and revising documents, agreements and/or contracts.
3. Development and/or revisions to compliance policies and procedures including but not limited to such matters as customer and vendor contracts and agreements, product development, product disclosure, collections and lending issues to assure compliance.
4. Analysis of pending, new or current laws and regulations which directly affect RSF’s practices and approval of bank policies to ensure compliance with regulations.
5. Ownership and administration of RSF’s CRA program, CMS, BSA/AML & CIP program, vendor management program, personnel education/training, contract and insurance functions, legal matters, etc.
6. Function as RSF’s BSA Officer as appointed by RSF Board of Directors.
7. Preparation and review of projects and reports related to laws and regulations as requested.
8. Provide information regarding new and/or updated regulatory changes to Bank President and Board of Directors, and provide support and/or consulting services to staff to promote their proper implementation of regulatory changes.
9. Interface with bank examiners and auditors (internal and external).
10. Interface with Bank’s Board of Directors and lead Compliance Committee meetings.
11. Keep current with legislation and developments which impact RSF’s operations.
12. Establish and maintain a liaison with regulatory agencies.
13. Support in other functions as needed.
While performing the essential functions of this position, the employee is regularly required to operate a computer terminal with repetitive motion. Physical requirements of this position are considered sedentary work involving preparing documentation, preparing and analyzing data and figures, viewing a computer terminal, extensive reading, and resolving inquiries. Some amount of mobility in order to access files, attend meetings, both on and off site, and perform property inspections is necessary. The employee is expected to converse with internal and external customers and exchange information.